Government Internship Program or GIP is a component of KABATAAN 2000 under Executive Order (EO) no. 139 s. 1993, and DOLE Administrative Order No. 260-15, which aims to provide opportunities and engage young workers to serve general public in government agencies/entities projects and programs at the national and local level.
- To provide young workers, particularly the poor/indigent and young workers, opportunity to demonstrate their talents and skills in the field of public service with the ultimate objective of attracting the best and the brightest who want to pursue a career in government service, particularly in the fields and disciplines related to labor and employment.
- To fast track the implementation and monitoring of DOLE programs and projects related to employment facilitation and social protection, all of which directly contributes to the goal of inclusive growth through massive employment generation and substantial poverty reduction.
- Transcript of Records for college students or Form 137 for high school graduates, or
- Certificate of Graduation in case of voc-tech graduates; and
- Certificate of Indigence from the Barangay.